Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Colorado Day 2

Let me tell you, it's wonderful to wake up after a good night's sleep to this:

This morning I pretty much just relaxed, and then we helped out setting up the AV stuff for the conference. The conference room was pretty neat:
Then we went to town for lunch and a little shopping. I really liked this sign in a knife shop:

We went back to the hotel to get ready for an afternoon expedition. While I was waiting for the guys (how did that work?), I walked around and shot some pics:





We went to the entrance of Rocky Mountain National Park, but we didn't go in because we couldn't afford the entrance fee. We did get some pictures outside the entrance that are probably almost as good as inside:


We went driving to another part of town. We were looking for a certain hotel (more on that later), but we ended up finding a bunch of elk:





After seeing the elk, we found what we were looking for: The Stanley Hotel. Not only is it on the national register of historic places, but it was also the inspirational (and some of the scenes) for The Shining.










Estes Park has this scarecrow display for all of October, so I took a lot of pictures of the ones I found scattered all over the city.



Kristjun going upstairs, where we weren't allowed to go.










We headed back to our hotel, but first we needed gas. Guess who got to pump it? (Yeah, I needed a little help!)

We dropped the van off at the hotel and then walked to this lake:

Then I went off on my own to see the town.




My hair's not frizzy (well, not THAT frizzy); it's a funny hat!

I know we're in Colorado, but there was still a store totally devoted to Huskers. They even had handprints of some of the players.


This evening we had our first session. Here's the table where we got our goody bags:

After the conference I went out to take a picture of the night lights. The biggest building in this picture is the Stanley. On the way back to the hotel, I heard the elk screaming. That was kind of cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's very encouraging to get a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible if need be!