Sunday, February 5, 2012

Things I Made this Weekend

This weekend, I made...

...Fire!


...Peanut Butter Cookies! (Using the classic 1-1-1 recipe, but used mayo cuz we didn't have eggs)



...Maple Spice Cookies! (A modified recipe of http://vegetarian.about.com/od/vegancookierecipes/r/gingermolasses.htm,  replaced molasses with syrup, mayo for egg and 1/4 c. of the margarine, and cinnamon for all of the spices.)

...Shortbread Cookies! (I just used jam instead of cherry for this recipe: http://www.food.com/recipe/uncle-bills-whipped-shortbread-cookies-46877)

...Molasses Candy! (A "Little House" recipe; just drop heated syrup/molasses into a pan of fresh snow.)

...The TV antennae work! (With all this junk food, I might as well watch the Superbowl!)  
Other things that I made but did not photograph include...
-Empanadas
-Nachos
-A smoothed-out sledding hill
-Blackcurrant soda
-A bruised and swollen leg (but it's less painful than it was on Friday!)

6 comments:

  1. mayo instead of eggs??? mayo????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, ask Jen to show you my FB account... I just posted some pics of what I did this evening.

      Delete
  2. Well, we don't have any eggs, and mayo has eggs in it. I've been doing that for almost a year now; I'm surprised you didn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the snowman & snowvictim!
    But still, mayo?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wanted baked goods so badly I used mayo. But I bought eggs today, so I should be good for awhile.

      Delete
    2. Eggs, yahoo - a bit healthier than mayo!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! It's very encouraging to get a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible if need be!