Thursday, September 6, 2012

One of Them

After Awanas last night, I came back to camp, spent a little bit of time there, and then Emily came in saying she was going to go to Omaha to hang out with Jeremiah and Shawn. I was invited, but was warned that it was going to be a late night. Obviously it was going to be late since we didn't arrive there until around 10pm! Most of our night was spent making peach pie. Isn't that a random thing to do, especially at a guy's house? It turned out they pretty much knew what they were doing, except Emily and I did butt in a few times! But between that and just chatting about anything and everything in the kitchen, it was about 4am when we were done. Emily and I decided it would be best to stay in Omaha for the night and then go back to camp in the morning.

We got back to camp around 10am, but I was still exhausted! Emily pointed out that I hadn't had a day off this week due to the Labor Day weekend groups, so today sort of turned into that. After taking a morning nap, I had lunch and then gathered my things to go to Fremont. I was still tired, but apparently not too tired because I got this:

Yes, I am now officially one of them. Once I announced this on Facebook, within a matter of seconds, practically everyone in the state of Nebraska "liked" my status. (Okay, maybe only three people as of right now, but that's still a pretty good percentage of the population, right?) Thankfully, the whole process took less than an hour, which is incredible compared to the horror stories I hear about everyone else getting their license. After that ordeal, I swung by to buy some wiper fluid and went home.

While filling up the wiper fluid, I checked on a few other things under the hood. It looks like I'll need engine coolant and an oil change. Good thing I'm fairly free on Saturday when the auto shop is open!

In other news, this evening I added a new page to my blog. Click on "What I Do" above to see what I'm working on and how you can pray for the ministry outreach aspect of it. Tonight, I also participated in a webcast about the new book Live to Give by Austin Gutwein. I have read this and Austin's other book, and it is so inspiring and encouraging to read about a teen who made a world of difference by using basketball fundraisers to build schools and clinics in Zambia. This webcast had some great information on how to start "living to give", and I even won a $10 gift certificate for my participation! All in all, this session was a huge blessing, and you can experience the rerun at https://www.facebook.com/austingutwein?sk=app_293199044121455.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! It's very encouraging to get a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible if need be!