Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Evenings

Not all evenings are like the evening showed in the video above (this was actually last night). Some evenings when we have groups are spent working very late. Other days are so tiresome just working 9-5 that vegging in the evening is the best we can do.

Tonight was different. Shawna has a Bunco group the first Tuesday of every month. I usually attend (although I won't be able to this summer, since I'll be on the clock 24/7... okay, 24/6). Bunco night is pretty fun. I get a ride from someone, we all gather at someone's house, we eat dinner, we play bunco for a couple of hours, then we determine the winners, eat dessert, and then I listen to the ladies talk about random and occasionally awkward situations in their lives until I can get a ride home. And all this fun only costs $1.01. (The person with the most Bunco wins gets to keep the dollar bills and the person with the most losses gets to keep the pennies... I got a nice collection of pennies tonight!) Since today was May Day, tonight's host made us all cute little May Day baskets.

So that's what my evenings are like. Daytime is much more diverse. Here is the past week to give you an example:
-Wednesday: The Catholic school brought their senior class for a day of fun. We ran low ropes, zip line, high ropes, two meals, and a late-night fire.
-Thursday: Cleaned up after the school group, started preparing for the weekend groups.
-Friday: Set up for groups, checked in kitchen stock, helped host one of the groups that came.
-Saturday: Worked in the kitchen most of the day, realized that we normally order vinyl gloves for more reasons than just latex allergies (there were a lot of water balloons and mohawk balloons around the kitchen!), got the golf cart stuck in the mud and fell in the mud twice.
-Sunday: Just breakfast duties; relaxed from noon on.
-Monday: Short day, but we had a group from Compass Ministries come out for a barbecue, zip line, climbing wall, and giant swing.
-Today: Had the morning off since we didn't get all of Monday off; spent most of the afternoon moving stuff from the "Batcave" storage cabin to the heath clinic and office. People got nervous when they saw I was driving the golf cart again. Then, there was a one-hour meeting to get information on the wedding this weekend and the retreats and events next week.

2 comments:

  1. You need a hobby!!!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have plenty of hobbies... making videos and writing about my life happen to be two of them. I also started slacklining, but I can only do that in the daylight and in good weather.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It's very encouraging to get a message and I'll try to get back to you as soon as possible if need be!